Table of Contents: 1 Post Details 2 Salary Details 3 Eligibility 4 Selection Procedure 4.1 Application Fee 4.2 How to Apply 5 About Company/Institution 6 Latest News
Notification No. – 1925-Home-SPL-IS-0002/2013/Home
Notification Date – 14-07-2014
Last date to apply – 04-01-2016
Date of Examination – 17-01-2016
Staff Selection Board, Odisha Police Recruitment 2016
Into the table below you can see the name of the post, category wise vacancies and then the total number of posts as advertised into the original recruitment advertisement notification of Staff Selection Board, Odisha Police.
(Men & Women)
Total number of post – 1370
Scale of Pay/Monthly Salary for Constables
*As per Staff Selection Board, Odisha Police norms.
Nationality : Indian
Age: 18 to 23 years (as on 01-01-2015).
Note* – Upper age is relaxable upto 5 years in case of SC, ST & Women Candidates.
Education: Must have passed High School Certificate examinations or equivalent examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or by any other recognized Board / Council and candidate should be able to speak, read and write Odia and must have passed Odia as one of the subjects in High School Certificate Examination.
Physical Measurement : Candidate must have the following physical standard.
|1.||UR / SEBC||168 cm||55 kg||79 cm||84 cm||158 cm||47.5 kg|
|2.||SC / ST||163 cm||50 kg||76 cm||81 cm||153 cm||45 kg|
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Driving Test
- Educational Achievements (Merit List)
- Written Test
- Sports Achievement
- NCC Certificate
- Medical Examination
|UR / OBC||Rs. 150/-|
|SC / ST||No Fee|
Note* – Payment should be made by Demand Draft or Indian Postal Order in favour of respective favour and payable district. (For further details please see/read the recruitment advertisement carefully).
How to Apply for Vacancy in Staff Selection Board, Odisha Police
- Download the Advertisement
- Read the Advertisement Carefully
- Print the Application Form
- Complete the Application Form
- Attach the Supporting Documents & DD / IPO
- Send the Envelope at :- Respective district address as applying
Please see the advertisement
About the Odisha Police
Odisha Police is the law enforcement agency for the state of Odisha in India. It is headquartered in the erstwhile Capital of Odisha, Cuttack. The Odisha police is headed by a Director General of Police Kunwar Brijesh Singh and falls under the purview of the state Home Department under Government of Odisha. The sanction strength of Odisha Police is about 62000 personnel. Odisha Police recruits one third women in the directly recruited posts of civil constables, sub inspectors and deputy superintendent of police. In terms of representation of women in police, Odisha is among the best in the country.
|Motto||We Protect, We Care|
|Key People||Kunwar Brijesh Singh, IPS|
Director General of Police,
Latest News of Odisha Police
- Red leader re-arrested by Odisha police after release – Maoist central committee member and wife of senior polit buro member Kisan Da, Sheeladi was arrested from Tenughat jail gate on Wednesday, immediately after being released on bail granted to her by Jharkhand high court. ADG and spokesperson, Jharkhand Police, S N Pradhan confirmed that Odisha police has made the arrest. However, earlier the Jharkhand Police had denied having any knowledge of the re-arrest and even Odisha police hd refused to confirm the matter. The local police had said that she was arrested by a police team from Rourkela as she was wanted in a 2011 case pending in Rourkela sessions court.Sheeladi’s lawyer Shyam Sinha who had been fighting for her bail, told TOI that when he went to receive his client at the jail gate she was taken into custody by police. “I was refused a memo of arrest and police took her without citing any reason,” he said.IG Odisha police Radhakrishna Sharma and Rourkela SP Anirudha Singh had refused to confirm anything on behalf of Odisha police while Pradhan had admitted that she was wanted by Odisha police. “We knew she was wanted but if she has been arrested by Odisha police this has not been confirmed by them,” he had said.
High court lawyer, Sinha expressed doubt over intentions of the police as her release was ‘deliberately delayed’ by jail authorities. “High court directed the sessions court to dispose the case by October 25 failing which court of justice Prashant Kumar granted her bail on October 30 and we submitted the release order by November 3 but still she was not released,” he said.
Sinha argued that the case in which Rourkela sessions court issued NBW is invalid because she had obtained bail in the same case in 2007 and while coming out of Rourkela jail, Jharkhand police picked her up from the jail gate in connection with an April 2007 incident of attack on CISF camp in Khasmahal under Bokaro Thermal police station.
“Incidentally, Sheeladi was in Rourkela jail from October 2006 to July 2007 and the Khasmahal incident occurred in April 2007, still her name was dragged,” he said.
Sinha added that Rourkela sessions court in regular hearing of her case summoned her several times but the jail authorities in Jharkhand paid no heed as a result of which, NBW was issued in 2011. “We came in touch with Sheeladi in 2013 and started fighting for her bail,” he said.
The Maoists, in 2011, had demanded her release from Jharkhand jail and another Maoist leader Padma from Chhattisgarh jail in exchange of Malkangiri collector Vineel Krishna. At that time home secretary of Odisha, UN Behera, had agreed on eight out of 14 point demand of the Maoists which included talks with Jharkhand government for Sheeladi’s release.
“Odisha government may have signed an agreement to solve the hostage crisis but we never got any official request for releasing any Maoist leader,” Pradhan said
News Credit – Times of India
Please share Police Job at Odisha Staff Selection Board, Cuttack on your facebook profile and help your friends and family to get the detailed information about this vacancy. Don’t forget your one update can help lots of people looking around for a job, so do some social work on your social network.